Worth the Drive
Vosh • Arch is growing and we're looking for dedicated, skilled, insightful, and relentlessly curious individuals to join our team! Our office culture is founded upon a work hard, play hard, humble, self-reflective, and collaborative work environment. Our team members may have varying roles, but all of us share these core motivations and are willing to support one another as an integral part of the team. By the way, we also know where the best chicken wings are served in the Fort and it's less than five minutes away from the office.
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you're applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Portfolios are also welcome.
No phone calls, please. We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest in working for Vosh • Arch, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are kept in confidence.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and talented Architectural Technologist to be an integral part of our team. You'll be responsible for preparing drawings and supporting documents that will carry the design of a building through to construction. Your role will support all project team members and will require collaboration, versatility, responsiveness, and a willingness to learn.
- Work with the Principal / Project Manager in cooperation with project team members;
- Provide technical support with respect to the preparation of drawings and contract documents;
- Prepare construction drawing sets that conform to Alberta Building Code standards and municipal bylaws;
- Coordinate Architectural drawings with Sub-Consultant and / or Specialty Consultants work;
- Prepare required contract documents, minutes, and schedules;
- Monitor internal budgets, as well as project deliverables and schedules; and
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews, providing direction to contractors and vendors as needed.
- Minimum 6 (six) years of experience in an intermediate drafting position;
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural Technology program;
- Knowledge of Alberta Building Code standards;
- Proficient with AutoCAD;
- Experience with Revit is not essential, but is considered an asset; and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. able to begin work immediately).
- High level of accuracy and overall quality of work;
- Strong organizational and time management skills - able to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Able to work independently, as well as an integral member of the team;
- Flexible - willingness to take on multifaceted roles and responsibilities;
- Proficient in preparation of Design Development and Construction Documents;
- Able to interpret and build upon conceptual sketches and solve technical detailing challenges;
- Familiarity with Building Permit, Development Permit, and Tender/Procurement processes;
- Good understanding of building construction and processes;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as demonstrable English language proficiency.